It’s been a tough week. I am physically exhausted and emotionally drained, I wont get into it. In addition to that, we are moving to The Bay Area in a couple of weeks and my house is in shambles. I owe my bro in law and cuz big time for helping me out this week and I wanted to thank them with something yummy. Frankly, it’s been hot as balls in Portland and I didn’t feel like firing up the oven.
The guys are about to embark on a long journey, traveling from Seattle to Portland by bike, the STP ride. That takes some serious balls. They need something to sustain them while they pedal their way south for 200 miles. Solution: Super Power Energy Balls. These bite sized balls pack a serious punch of energy and get you moving faster than a big gulp full of Four Loko. No loco hangover required. Bonus, I don’t have to turn the oven on and they will give me the boost I need to power through the seemingly endless task of packing up our entire life into hand me down Trader Joe’s boxes. Win win. Time to go balls to the wall, and power up. Good luck Jason and Greg, go balls out and have a ball doing it! And, I just crossed the ball joke line, oh balls.
- peanut butter - 1 cup
- honey - 1/2 cup
- rolled oats - 1 cup
- dark chocolate chips - 3/4 cup
- sliced almonds - 1/2 cup
- hredded coconut - 1/2 cup
- flax seeds - 1/4 cup
- almond meal - 1 cup
- cinnamon - 2 teaspoons
- Begin by thoroughly blending the peanut butter and honey together in a large bowl.
- Add the rolled oats, coconut flakes, flax seeds, almonds and chocolate chips. Mix together until the mix begins to resemble cookie dough.
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix together the almond meal and cinnamon. Set aside. Using a large cookie scoop, form the mix into 1-1.5" balls.
- Roll each ball in the almond meal and cinnamon and set aside on a cookie sheet. Chill the balls for at least an hour, this will help them set and hold their form.