Prune Almond Energy Balls will boost energy & keep you moving with nutritious & delicious prunes, almonds, coconut, cocao nibs, flax & more!
- 3/4 cups almonds (slivered)
- 3/4 cups thick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (divided)
- 1/2 cup prunes
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place almonds in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the almonds are coarsely chopped. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add oats, 1/4 cup of shredded coconut, cacoa nibs, flax seeds, cinnamon and salt. Mix together.
- Add the prunes and 1-2 tablespoons of warm water to the bowl of a food processor. Mix until smooth. If the prunes aren’t breaking down, add more warm water, 1 teaspoon at a time and mix until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, almond butter and honey. Pulse until fully blended together into a thick and sticky paste.
- Transfer the prune mixture to the mixing bowl with dry ingredients. Use a spatula or your hands to mix in until the ingredients are fully blended together.
- Use a 2 tablespoon sized cookie scoop to form ping pong sized energy balls. Roll the balls in remaining coconut to coat. Enjoy anytime you need an energy boost!
Store energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
This recipe is highly adaptable, swap almonds for walnuts or hazelnuts, switch up the spices or replace honey with date syrup or agave syrup. You’ve got options!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: Energy Balls
Keywords: Energy Balls, Prune Almond Energy Balls