This Brown Butter Apple Oat Walnut Bread with Whipped Honey Butter is a standout in the quick breads category. Simple, staple quick bread recipes are, in a word, humble. There is nothing fancy or glamorous about them. They're really the unsung hero of the pastry case. I honestly don't feel that quick breads get the attention they deserve.
Think about it, when you go to a bakery or coffee shop how often do you order a decorative cupcake, those colorful macarons or fancy French pâtisserie? Hardly ever, right? But a slice of Banana Bread or a Blueberry Muffin, 9 times out of 10. Speaking of muffins and apples, my Apple Cider Oat Streusel Muffins are kinda like the muffin cousin to this Apple Oat Walnut Bread. One of the best apple muffin recipes out there, if anyone is asking.
Another advantage to a good quick bread recipe is ease of use. This Brown Butter Apple Oat Walnut Bread with Whipped Honey Butter is incredibly easy to make. With this recipe, you get a lot but you only have to put in a little.
What sets this Brown Butter Apple Oat Walnut Bread apart from other quick bread recipes?
- Brown Butter - gives the bread depth of flavor and richness. It's a small extra step, with a big payoff.
- Shredded Apple - shredding the apple ensures maximum moisture levels throughout and adds natural sweetness.
- Extra Thick Rolled Oats - add texture and chewiness and cozy, homey feel. My favorite baking oats are the Bob’s Red Mill Extra Thick Rolled Oats.
- Spices - a blend of cinnamon and cardamom spices up the apples and the bread.
- Buttermilk - adds a slightly tangy richness.
- Toasted Walnuts - bring cozy nutty flavor and crunch to the loaf and add a textural top crust.
- Sparkling Sugar - adds pizazz and a sweet crunch to the crust.
- Whipped Honey Butter - this is what really ties the room together. This Brown Butter Apple Walnut Bread is great by itself but the Whipped Honey Butter gives it that extra special sauce and takes it to a whole other level.
- Sea Salt Flakes - I'd say they are optional but they really aren't. If the Whipped Honey Butter brings it all together, the sea salt flakes are like the cherry on top. Salt to taste and thank me later.
That's a lot of goodness going on, right? It might seem overwhelming, but this whole deal comes together quick. You don't need any fancy tools, just some kitchen basics and a loaf pan. This quick recipe is hearty, healthy enough and the loaf should last you through the work from home week. I'm telling you, this Brown Butter Apple Oat Walnut Bread with Whipped Honey Butter will make you swear you bought if from a bakery.
Texture gives this Brown Butter Apple Oat Walnut Bread with Whipped Honey Butter BIG personality points
From the crunch of the walnuts, the chew of the oats, to the dense moist bite of the apple infused crumb. This loaf is loaded with varying textures that keep it interesting and give it big personality points. Right down to the creamy swirls of Whipped Honey Butter and crunchy sea salt flakes. This baby is loaded. Texture is what makes this Brown Butter Apple Oat Walnut Bread with Whipped Honey Butter such a superstar quick bread.
Qualities of the best quick bread recipes
- Quick! They are quick and easy bake. Since quick breads are chemically leavened with baking soda and/or baking powder, you aren't waiting for yeast to rise.
- Simplicity. Most quick bread recipes are simple. The ingredients are generally pretty humble or standard. And, they don't require fancy equipment or a high level of baking expertise. The beauty of the best quick bread recipes is simplicity.
- Versatility. Quick breads are highly adaptable. Add or omit nuts or oats, swap apples for pears, mix up the spices. You get the idea.
- Comfort food. Quick breads are loaded with homey comforts. These rustic breads are often scented with warming spices, cozy ingredients and snuggly textures that instantly make you feel at home.
- Just right. Most quick bread recipes aren't overly sweet, so they play at any time of day. They pair perfectly with a morning cup of coffee for breakfast. Serve well as an afternoon pick me up. Quick breads even make great desserts!
With simple ingredients and clever techniques, this Brown Butter Apple Oat Walnut Bread with Whipped Honey Butter is a must. It satisfies all of those sweet, salty, crunchy, cakey, creamy & comforting cravings. And it's an easy quick bread recipe with big personality!
Shall I pencil you in for a home based, virtual coffee date; you, me and a very real slice of Brown Butter Apple Walnut Bread with Whipped Honey Butter next week? *adds to calendar.