How about some Apple Cider Oat Streusel Muffins for breakfast? We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Or at least we remember our parents yelling that at us as we ran out the front door, late for homeroom, with our faded purple Jansport draped over one shoulder, gripping breakfast (a bag of Gardetto's & a Dr. Pepper) in one hand and the keys to our '78 cherry red Toyota Celica in the other. Oh, that was just me? Ok, cool.
Guess what, our parents were right! It turns out, breakfast is important. But it can also be absolutely delicious. Whether you crave something hearty and comforting like this Brown Butter Apple Oat Walnut Bread with Whipped Honey Butter. Or you prefer to go for a savory bake like this Aged Gouda Pancetta and Kale Savory Dutch Baby or keep it sweet with party sized pan of Apple Bottom Hootenanny Pancakes. These Apple Cider Oat Streusel Muffins are as important as they are tasty.
While humble, muffins can shape shift into flavorful and textural bakes full of personality. From a simple blueberry muffin to something with more character like these Apple Cider Muffins, muffins area always a good idea.
These Apple Cider Oat Streusel Muffins are the type of thing you wish you could wake up to every morning.
Just imagine the warm, cinnamon spiced scent wafting through your chilly house on a crisp fall morning as you leisurely sip a hot mug of coffee. The Apple Cider Oat Streusel Muffins slowly rising in your oven. And, they don't take all day to bake. Therefore, you can slowly wake from your slumber, put on that pot of coffee and whip up a batch of Apple Cider Oat Streusel Muffins before anybody else stumbles into the kitchen.
These muffins come together in minutes
You are only a few ingredients and about 30 minutes of oven time away from a dreamy breakfast moment like this. Skipping breakfast is not an option when these home baked Apple Cider Oat Streusel Muffins are so simple. The easy batter for this recipe comes together in mere minutes and doesn't require any specialty equipment or fancy kitchen gadgets.
The Oat Streusel Topping gives these muffins their signature crumbly top
These Apple Cider Oat Streusel Muffins have chewy, textural Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned Rolled Oats throughout and they get topped with an extra layer of oaty, brown sugar and cinnamon spiced streusel topping just before baking.
Easy Oat Streusel Topping
- All Purpose Flour binds the rest of the ingredients into a crumbly streusel, Bob's Red Mill Organic All Purpose Flour is always a solid choice.
- Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned Rolled Oats add tons of chewy texture to the streusel topping.
- Brown Sugar sweetens the streusel with warm, comforting undertones.
- Butter adds the indulgence and works to create the crumbles in this Oat Streusel topping.
- Cinnamon because all of that sweet butteriness is just begging for some warm spice.
- Salt, just a bit. Balances the flavors here.
The easy batter for this recipe comes together in mere minutes and doesn't require any specialty equipment or fancy kitchen gadgets. You don't even have to peel the apples for these Apple Cider Oat Streusel Muffins. Just chop the apples into bite sized bits and then toss them in with the apple cider, browned butter batter. Browning the butter adds a layer of richness and depth to the sweetness from the brown sugar, apples and cider.
Key Ingredients for Apple Cider Muffins
- Fresh Apples get cored and chopped into bite sized bits. No need to peel them but you're welcome to if you prefer. I use Honeycrisp apples because I love the flavor and texture. But Granny Smiths or Pink Lady's work great too.
- Browned butter gives the muffins a deeper flavor that balances the sweetness with warm nuttiness.
- Brown Sugar brings a depth in the sweetness.
- Cinnamon spices up the muffins, complimenting the sweet and buttery flavors in warm spice.
- Greek Yogurt or Buttermilk make the muffins ultra tender and provide a hint of tanginess.
- Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned Rolled Oats give the muffins a bit of body and a textural, chewy bite.
- Apple Cider makes for moist and tender muffins providing a backbone of apple spice throughout each bite. The apple cider is featured both in the muffin batter and again in the icing to really enhance with flavor!
These Apple Cider Oat Streusel Muffins are tender and airy with chewy oats peppering each bite. The cinnamon spiced oat steusel topping blankets the muffins in flavor and texture. And the finishing drizzle of apple cider icing adds an extra kiss of spiced sweetness.
There is no denying that home baked breakfast just tastes better in the fall. Why not give these Apple Cider Oat Streusel Muffins a try this fall!
Thank you for supporting me and the brands that I love! ❤️